I own a house in the United States. Does this qualify as an investment and entitle me to an E-2 visa?

Owning a house in the United States, does not qualify as an investment for E-2 visa purposes. To qualify for an E-2 visa the investment must be a real, active and commercial or entrepreneurial undertaking, producing some service or commodity. However, owning significant properties such as an apartment complex, commercial building, multiple properties, or a hotel, etc. could qualify for an E-2 visa.