USCIS Transfers H-1B Extension Cases

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it recently began transferring some H-1B extension cases from its Vermont Service Center to California Service Center in order to balance its workload.

How You Will Be Affected

If we transferred your case, we will send you a notice listing the transfer date and where your case will be processed. Your original receipt number will not change and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case. If you receive a notice that we transferred your extension petition, please allow 21 days from the date of the transfer notice for the California Service Center to issue a decision or other notice of action.


Workload Transfer from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center | USCIS

FORMS · N-400, Apply for Citizenship · I-485, Apply for a Green Card · I-130, Petition for Relative · I-864, Affidavit of Support · I-90, Renew/Replace Green Card · I-9, Employment Verification · I-765, Apply for Employment Authorization · All USCIS Forms · Filing Fees · E-Filing …

Tagged with: , ,